Federal School Code: 002629
Pay it forward.
We want to ensure that a Rutgers education is within reach of all admitted students, especially those with financial need. That’s why Rutgers, New Jersey’s state university, works hard to support your dreams and offers a net price calculator to help you estimate your cost to attend Rutgers University. Last year, 73% of the entering class received an offer of financial aid. Offers ranged from $500 to $24,000, with the average financial aid package reaching $16,000 (including student loans).
How Do I Apply for Financial Aid?
To apply for financial aid, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and follow these steps:
- Apply for a federal Personal Identification Number (PIN). You and your parent must each apply for a federal PIN.
- Submit the online FAFSA after January 1. Need a paper FAFSA? Ask your guidance counselor or call toll-free 1-800-4FEDAID.
Include Rutgers on Step 6 of your FAFSA.
- Federal School Code: 002629
- Address: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 620 George Street, New Brunswick NJ 08901-1175
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after after January 1 for fall admission or October 1 for spring admission
- Login to verify all required documents are received
- Login to check your award status